Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day Four: Bring on the Chocolate Pie

Today instead of eating a Cinnamon Crunch Bagel or Krispie Kreme Donut  for breakfast, I had another bowl of Rice Chex.  Oh Joy! Well, at least I like Rice Chex cereal, right?!?

Thanks to a well planned menu lunches, however was more interesting.  Left-overs always hit the spot!
Lunch: Left-Over Steak

(Flank Steak, Stir-Fry Vegetables and Cantaloupe)

In fact I had so much left over flank steak I skipped Meatless Monday's plan for Broccoli Baked Potatoes and whipped up a quick Thai Stir-Fry.

Dinner:  Thai Stir-Fry
(Beef Stir-Fry and Roasted Potatoes)

 But by far the hardest part about having Celiac Disease has been the lack of desserts in our house.  I love to bake!  So after much internet research I decided to make a Gluten-Free Chocolate Pie.

Dessert:  Chocolate Pie
 

The pie definitely hit the chocolate spot, it was very, very rich!  Next time I think I might try a strawberry filling instead!

Recipe:

Crust: 
1 1/4c Crushed Chocolate Chex Cereal
1/3c    Melted Butter
1/4c    Sugar
(Mix ingredients and form into a pie plate)

Filling:
10oz Gluten-Free Chocolate Chips
3tbl   Butter
2tsp  Sugar
1 tub Cool Whip Topping
(Melt first 3 ingredients in microwave, fold in Cool Whip, refrigerate for at least two hours)

No comments:

Post a Comment