Friday, March 4, 2011

Day One: Bye-Bye Breadsticks, Hello Rice Cakes

This week I was diagniosed with gluten intolerance.  Oh Joy! While I'm not big on the idea of omitting gluten from my diet, I am excited to hopefully rid myself of the many "health issues" caused by this little protien.  And thanks to my supportive husband, today our house is offically gluten-free!



After being diagnoised I immediatly knew I wanted to blog about my gluten-free meals.  The idea is to write about ever meal for one whole year, "Gluten Free 65".  I'm exicted to see how time will expand my gluten-free palet (and health).  And so begins the journey bye-bye breadsticks, hello rice cakes!

Breakfast:  Cinnamon Rice Chex and Banana

Lunch: Strawberry Spinach Salad


Dinner:  BBQ Shredded Chicken, Vinegar Cole-Slaw and Homemade Fries



Aside from chocking done the gluten-free granola on my salad, today was easy enough.  I wonder how easy gluten-free baking is??? I know the future holds many challenges--some meals will be flops, others will be hits, but all meals will be gluten-free!

2 comments:

  1. Jess - Check out my friend Jenney's Blog. She has a son whose Gluten Intolerant... xo www.thedraystoday.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. JEss! There are many gluten free baking secrets to make food just as yummy! Let me know if you need help! I would love to help!

    ReplyDelete